The healthy, white, perfectly straight teeth are a God gift
We are living in times when good looking appearance is especially important about the spiritual harmony and comfort of everyone. It is one of the factors determining our self-esteem and giving us freedom and easiness in communication and our friends, colleges, acquaintances often envy us for. The smile is our business card. It is our „Good Morning“, „Good Day“, „Good Bye“, and every day care about it determines our attitude towards us and to our health as well. The shining smile is a result of the care given, the time and not the least – the money spent on it.
The visits to our dentist are no doubt unpleasant, especially when there is pain involved. But often my patients want to discuss simply esthetic problems, concerning the mouth, such as the crooked teeth. In most cases this problem is a consequence of a genetic peculiarities, bad and unhealthy habits, traumas etc. So everyone in his ambition to look good wants to take advantage of the achievements of the contemporary dental medicine. There are cases however when some minor orthodontic issues could be even considered as a charm and add individual look to someone’s appearance. Here comes the role of the dentist to discuss the matter with the patient and to give him a different point of view. Whatever is the final decision of the patient we should respect his right to look good.
There is an innovative system to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only for you based on computer generated simulations on how the teeth will move in time in the direction needed. The Align System is the next level of well known braces, brackets, splints. There are new to our country but have been available overseas for a while. The series of the clear aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you simply wear over your teeth. You simply pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks 22 hours daily, until your treatment is complete and you achieve the confident smile that you’ve always wanted. The number of trays could be more than twenty per jaw and
with align system?
What else we should know about
- They are applicable for patients over 11-12 yo
- They are virtually made of invisible plastic
- There are not additional appliance used with the trays
- The patient does not change eating habits as he takes the aligners out while eating
- Taking the invisalign trays out while brushing teeth allows perfect oral hygiene
- Mouth comfort is good
- Exchanging the aligners is done by the patient
- More than 4 mm open bite
- Tooth rotation over 30 degrees
- Severe maloclussion issuses
- Examination by certified dentist or orthodontist
- Panoramic x ray of teeth
- Taking intraoral and extraoral pictures
- Making a jaw model
- Generating 3-D computer simulation of the process clincheck)
- Final dentist’s decision if the align system is applicable for the patient